There is a ton to learn when it comes to the ancient art of Feng Shui, but as I always like to say; keep it simple! Here are five extremely easy ways to start doing Feng Shui today. No formal training necessary 🙂
- Keep your doorways clear- Doors should be able to be easily opened and shut. Ideally, nothing should be behind them or in between the door and the wall.
- Reevaluate your collections- Do you really love those 50 purple frog themed trinkets or do you just keep them because you’ve always had them and people continue to give them to you? I encourage people to have no more than one or two collections and have it be something you really care about.
- Hit the bathroom hard- This is one area where it is so easy to let clutter build up, five almost empty shampoo bottles, 27 hair product bottles from who knows how long ago, you get the picture. Downsize to just one of each type of product (i.e., one shampoo, face wash, etc.) and put extras grouped by category in a separate storage area like a linen closet.
- Keep surfaces clear- This is major in Feng Shui. Look around and attack the spots where random piles of crap tend to accumulate. Find a home for each thing or toss it and resolve to keep the spot clear at all times (this shouldn’t be too hard once everything you own has its own place).
- Keep the space under your bed empty so that energy can flow freely- If you must keep stuff under there because you live in a small space, keep soft things there like blankets and pillows.